Monday 5 March 2012

All I want for my birthday is for you to go vegan

Google Plus Event: http://goo.gl/MSvIO

Even if it is just for a day, not consuming animal products saves animals lives, that would be the best present ever.
Vegan Cupcakes at Bonchaz Bakery Cafe in Vancouver, BC by SweetOnVeg
From Beef to Leaf
So how does a meat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks guy go vegan; he watches this video. 


He then watches a load more including the film Earthlings narrated my Joaquin Phoenix.  The thing that turned me was not the horrific animal abuse though, it was the "humane" slaughter.  Watching as the animals were killed then strung up, skinned and turned into marketable meat made my stomach turn and I made the decision, if I can't watch it then I can't eat it.

I went vegetarian 4th September 2011 and then after seeing what goes on in our milk industry, I went vegan on 7th October 2011.

The Proposal
Now I know I can't make everyone turn into vegans (I wish I could) but if instead of presents, money and cards my friends and family would eat vegan for a day, that would be great.

On my birthday in August this year, money I receive from anyone who does not take part will be donated to an animal/vegan charity of my choice and any presents will be sold and the money added to the donation.

All you have to do to give me the perfect birthday present this year is not eat meat, dairy or eggs for 1 day.  No cards please, they are such a waste to sit on a shelf for 1 day, how about a phone call, text or email (maybe with a pic of you and your vegan meal?)

I will be happy to try and answer any questions you have, please check out the posts here and the list of helpful sites below.
UPDATE 02/08/2012:  Here is the Google+ event with comments and pictures from friends and family taking part http://goo.gl/MSvIO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...