Friday 4 May 2012

Vegan McMuffin (Egg Trick Muffin)

I used to love McDonald's sausage and egg McMuffins (even the egg bit my friends often removed) but I have obviously not had one since I went vegan.  Well yesterday a new episode of The Vegan Zombie came out and it showed how to make an Egg Trick Muffin at the Strong Hearts Cafe.  I had to try it.



I had to make some substitutions for items as I am in the UK but in all I used:
  • 2 English muffins
  • Fry’s Vegetarian Polony/Slicing Sausage
  • Tofutti mozzarella style cheese slices
  • Tofu
  • Garlic Salt
  • Turmeric
  • Corn Oil
I cut the tofu and sausage up.  I sprinkled some garlic salt and turmeric onto the board and pressed the tofu into it on each side to season it.

I heated the corn oil in a frying pan and then put in the tofu and sausage, a minute or two on each side until it was nicely browned and then I put the cheese on.  I cut the muffins in half and put them in the toaster.  Then I just plated it up and tucked in.  It was really good, the tofu has a very similar firmness and consistency to eggs. I can happily say I cannot think of anyway to make it any more like an McMuffin, it had all the flavour, none of the cruelty.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...