Wednesday 22 February 2012

Eating Vegan at The Pilgrims Korai, Brentwoood, Essex, UK

I was in the mood for Indian, something I have not had since going vegan.  I went to the local and well loved Pilgrims Korai and said I may need a little help ordering as I am vegan.  The staff member quickly said, "So no meat, dairy or eggs" which was a very good start.  We went through the menu and picked out some things I wanted that were vegan, I went a bit nuts on the quantity so I am having Indian tomorrow too, not really a bad thing.

I went for vegetable dansak, coconut rice, bombay potatoes, paratha, popadoms and vegetable samosa.  They switched the mint sauce for mango chutney as the mint sauce is made with yogurt and I was going to order onion bhaji but they said they have egg in them.

For service, 5/5 and taste, the same again.  Dansak is definitely a new favourite of mine.

Dansak, bombay potatoes and coconut rice

Dansak, bombay potatoes and coconut rice

Vegetable samosa

Popadoms

Paratha

Tootsie and her popadom crumbs

2 comments:

  1. oooh, looks delicious!!! how lucky you were they knew what vegans didn't eat - that is a good start - usually they just look at you as though you're from another planet if it's not a veg-specific restaurant!

    oh, and tootsie's a real cutie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The restaurant is a much loved local and they are always happy to help but this was the first time I have been there as a vegan, they passed the test.

      Tootsie said thanks for noticing.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...