Saturday 9 June 2012

Vegan Meatball Sub

I did not take any pictures during the cooking process, unfortunatley once I got this one on the brain I was in a rush to make it or more precisely, a rush to eat it.

Basically I used:
1/2 a pack of Redwood Meat Free Meatballs
1/2 a 350ml pot of good quality pasta sauce
1 part baked half ciabatta
2 slices of Tofutti Mozzarella style slices

Both the meatballs and ciabatta needed 10 minutes at gas mark 6 so I put them in the oven.  Once cooked I put the meatballs in a pan with the pasta sauce to heat the sauce, this was a mistake as stirring was breaking up the meatballs and in the end I heated it in the microwave.  Next time I will heat the sauce on its own in a pan then put the sauce on the meatballs.

All I had to do then was but it all in the ciabatta.  It was very good but I think next time I will add some kick to the sauce, maybe some vegan Worcestershire sauce will do the trick.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog!

    Been vegan nearly a year and I love making things like this once in a while... I have never looked back to eating meat since.

    Keep it Vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment. I went vegan in October and it has improved every single aspect of my life.

      I wish more people would just try it.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...