Sunday 10 June 2012

Vegan Tofu Sushi

When I paid a visit to Google last week I picked up some sushi on the way home, vegan of course.  I love sushi, before I was vegan I once spent a week in London and had Sushi 4 or 5 days in a row.

I decided to make myself some and found this recipe for Tofu Nigiri Sushi.  I knew what I was doing with the rice, nori (sheets of very thin dried seaweed) etc but I needed a marinade for the tofu.  There were no measurements so I just put some soya sauce, lemon juice, garlic and ginger in a pot then put the sliced tofu in, I left it in the fridge for about 4 hours but 2 should do it.

Marinating the tofu
I washed and cooked the sushi rice then left it to cool before moulding it.  I prepared some powdered wasabi and cut some nori sheets into strips, then I just had to put it all together.

A dollop (not much, it's very hot) of wasabi is smeared on the moulded rice, I then put the marinated tofu on top and used a strip of nori to hold it on.

Some of the moulded rice with a small dollop of wasabi
The finished article with some picked ginger and soya sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...